Here’s how to fix problems you might have using Classroom.
You might be trying to sign in to Classroom with the wrong account. Check that you’re using the email account connected to Classroom. You sign in to Classroom with a G Suite account—This is set up by your organization’s administrator. It looks like firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You must have an active Internet connection to sign in. If you can’t sign in with the correct email account and password, maybe your school’s administrator doesn’t automatically activate Classroom for new students and users. Ask your teacher.ENTER CLASSROOM
Email email@example.com and ask us to resend/reset your password.
If you need to sign in with a different user account, go to Switch between accounts.
On Android, you don’t sign out of an account; instead, you remove your account from your device. Removing the account doesn’t delete it, so you’ll still be able to use your account on other devices.
- In the Classroom app, tap Menu .
- Next to your name and email, tap the Down arrow Manage accounts.
- Tap Google.
- If needed, tap your account.
- At the top right, tap More Remove account.
- Tap Remove Account to confirm.
If you accidentally unenrolled from a class, ask your teacher to send you a class code or invitation.
Students can’t create classes.
Your teacher turned off posting for that class. Ask your teacher for more information.
You can’t undelete a post. However, your teacher can see all your deleted posts.
If you get an error message when you click Turn in, let your teacher know.
If you can’t turn in an attachment assigned to you, try these steps:
- To save any work you did in the attachment, copy and paste your work into a blank document.
- In the Classroom assignment, on the attachment, click Remove Make a copy.
- Click the new attachment.
- Paste any saved work into the new file.
- Click Turn in.
If you didn’t get an attachment your teacher assigned, let your teacher know.
For information about attachments assigned to you, read Turn in an assignment.
You change the preferred language for your Google Account. For details, see Change language to change the language on computer and mobile devices.