What is School Sports Premium?
In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced funding for schools to improve the provision of P.E. and sports in schools.
Our school has received the following allocations since the grant started in 2014:
|Academic Year||Grant Funding |
Our Vision Statement
At Uphall Primary School, we believe physical activity should be an integral part of children’s lifestyles so they develop into healthy and active adults. We deliver a high quality, broad and engaging P.E. Curriculum to enable and encourage all children to reach their full potential. Through rich and varied extra-curricular opportunities children are enabled to participate and compete both within and between schools in the Borough.
We are using the School Sports Premium funding to improve the quality and provision of Physical Education and Sport. It is very important to us to ensure that anything that is put into Uphall Primary School lasts over time and does not just impact during the years that the funding is offered, but continues to have a direct impact on the health of the children.
In 2020/21, we will be evaluating our use of the funding, under 5 Key Indicators:
- Increase engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Raise the profile of PE and Sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
We want to ensure that outcomes are measurable to enable us to better assess the impact of the funding we receive.