What is the Pupil Premium Fund?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers.
Summary of main barriers to educational achievement faced by PPG pupils
- The home environment is not as conducive to learning and the acquisition of new vocabulary and concepts as non-PPG families due to parents working, large families, poor housing and living conditions.
- Mental health risk factors associated with poverty.
- Poor prior achievement at school.
- Limited vocabulary and experiences.
- Mid-phase transitions Complex communities with a range aspirations e.g. GRT, 1st generation immigrants.
- Diminished life experiences when compared to non-PPG pupils.
- Complex prior experiences which means pupils present with a range of needs.
For the 2019/20 financial year we received £245,520 in funding. Click the button below to view our current funding strategy.
You can see previous years strategies by clicking on the links below.