1. This agreement is between:
1) Uphall Primary School (“the school”)
2) Ms Hamida Begum (“the parent” and “I”)
and governs the use and care of devices assigned to the parent’s child ( the “pupil”). This agreement covers the period from the date the device is issued through to the return date of the device to the school.
All issued equipment shall remain the sole property of the school and is governed by the school’s policies.
1. The school is lending the pupil a Chromebook (“the equipment”) for the purpose of remote learning during the Covid Lockdown.
2. This agreement sets the conditions for taking an Uphall Primary School Chromebook (“the equipment”) home.
I confirm that I have read the terms and conditions set out in the agreement and my signature at the end of this agreement confirms that I and the pupil will adhere to the terms of the loan.
By signing this agreement I agree to take full responsibility for the loan equipment issued to the pupil and I have read or heard this agreement read aloud, or translated where necessary and understand the conditions of the agreement.
I understand that I and the pupil are responsible for the equipment at all times whether on the school’s property or not.
If the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen, I will immediately inform Mr Cordeweener at email@example.com, and I acknowledge that I am responsible for the reasonable costs requested by the school to repair or replace the equipment. If the equipment is stolen, I will also immediately inform the police.
I agree to keep the equipment in good condition and to return it to the school on demand from the school in the same condition.
I will not leave the equipment unsupervised in unsecured areas.
If the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen, and my child is eligible for the pupil premium, I will contact Mr Cordeweener and Mr Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will make sure my child will adhere strictly to the following measures to protect the device:
- Keep the device in a secure place when not in use
- Don’t leave the device in a car or on show at home
- Don’t eat or drink around the device
- Don’t lend the device to siblings or friends
- Don’t leave the equipment unsupervised in unsecured areas
- Only use the device for its intended purpose
- Keep all equipment lent with the device together and safe
3. Unacceptable use
I am aware that the school monitors the pupil’s activity on this device.
I agree that my child will not carry out any activity that constitutes ‘unacceptable use’.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Using ICT or the internet to bully or harass someone else, or to promote unlawful discrimination
- Any illegal conduct, or statements which are deemed to be advocating illegal activity
- Activity which defames or disparages the school, or risks bringing the school into disrepute
- Causing intentional damage to ICT facilities or materials
- Using inappropriate or offensive language
- Using the device for purposes outside of Uphall School learning
I accept that the school will sanction the pupil, in line with our behaviour/discipline policy, if the pupil engages in any of the above at any time.
4. Personal use
I agree that the pupil will only use this device for educational purposes and not for personal use and will not loan the equipment to any other person.
5. Data protection
I agree to take the following measures to keep the data on the device protected.
- Keep the equipment password-protected – strong passwords are at least 8 characters, with a combination of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters (e.g. asterisk or currency symbol)
- Make sure my child locks the equipment if it’s left inactive for a period of time
- My child will not share the equipment among family or friends
- Update antivirus and anti-spyware software as required
- Install the latest updates to operating systems, as prompted
- Do not attempt to bypass any of the security features the school has already implemented on the device.
If I need help doing any of the above, I will contact Mr Cordeweener on the email email@example.com.
6. Return date
I will return the device and all associated equipment in its original condition to Uphall Primary School’s Main Office within 7 days of being requested to do so.
I will ensure the return of the equipment to the school if the pupil no longer attends the school.
By signing this form, I confirm that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions set out above.
|PUPIL’S FULL NAME|
|PARENT’S FULL NAME|