The Governing Body plays a key role in the life of Uphall Primary School, providing the strategic direction for the school and supporting the staff, pupils and parents in ensuring that the best possible provision is in place.
The governors are very supportive of the school not only attending regular meetings but also scrutinising documentation, visiting the school, approving policies and acting as critical friends.
The full Governing Body meets regularly, at least once a term. In addition there are committees that meet to discuss and develop specific areas of the school.
Their main roles and duties are to support the school in:
- promoting high standards of high educational achievement
- setting targets for pupils’ achievements and attendance
- developing a broad and balanced curriculum
- reporting results
- drawing up policies that determine how the school should be run and should be developed in the future
- deciding how to best use the budget to support the children’s learning
- ensuring that school is staffed appropriately to maximise learning and to promote well-being and safety
- appointing the Leadership Team
- agreeing to the procedures for good conduct and discipline throughout the school community
- drawing up an action plan after an inspection
All minutes from the Governors’ meetings are available on request.
You can contact our Governors at the following email address
The Senior Leadership Team (Ms Yvonne Bishop, Mr Sean Scott, Ms Mouna Barakeh, and Ms Kas Lee-Douglas) and Finance Manager (Mr Sutton Brown) are associate members of the Governing body. They have no voting rights on the main governing body or any of its committees.